About this episode:
Banking, Budgets and Emergency Funds! We know they’re probably some of your least favourite words but when it comes to your finances, they’re probably some of the most important. Without understanding the products that you’re using, your money in/money out picture and having an emergency fund for life’s unexpected curveballs, you’re putting yourself in a position where your money (or lack of) controls you.
In this episode, we break down some of the key things you should look for in your common banking products, how to start putting together your budget and why an emergency fund is an essential step towards building a sound financial future!
Why is an emergency fund important?
- You’ll get wiped out if you stop earning
- Helps you stay afloat when unforeseen situations happen (without going into debt)
- Helps you to avoid selling assets at a bad time to get the money you require
- Gives you peace of mind and freedom to get out of a bad situation
50/30/20 Budget & Calculator
Take Owen’s free finance course:
Podcast listener discount for Rask memberships!
- Use the coupon code “AFP” and get $100 off the upfront membership fee (just $299 for the first six months then $199 thereafter, cancel anytime!). Click here to learn more about Rask Invest. Don’t forget to apply your coupon code!
- Use the coupon code “AFP” and get $50 off the upfront membership fee for Rask ETFs! That takes the membership fee down from $199 to just $149 then $99 every six months. Click here to learn more about Rask Invest. Don’t forget to apply your coupon code!