About this episode:
Finance is bloody confusing. While it’s often cheaper and far more empowering to learn it for yourself we know it’s NOT for everything. This episode is all about getting access to the best advice and information which is often free, and avoiding dodgy advisers and scammers who seem to be lurking around every corner.
What Does Financial Planner Do?
Research & Resources:
- MoneySmart adviser website <– USE THIS CHECK TO CHECK ON YOUR FINANCIAL PLANNER
- ASIC website <– USE THIS CHECK TO CHECK ON YOUR FINANCIAL PLANNER OR FUND MANAGER
- Independent Financial Planners
- Links to financial counsellors
- Hotline numbers
- Finance ombudsman / ACFA
- Insurance Financial Rights Centre (good for knowing whether it’s worth making a car insurance claim)
- Stockspot Fat Cat Report (Super report)
Take Owen’s free finance course:
Podcast listener discount for Rask memberships!
- Use the coupon code “AFP” and get $100 off the upfront membership fee (just $299 for the first six months then $199 thereafter, cancel anytime!). Click here to learn more about Rask Invest. Don’t forget to apply your coupon code!
- Use the coupon code “AFP” and get $50 off the upfront membership fee for Rask ETFs! That takes the membership fee down from $199 to just $149 then $99 every six months. Click here to learn more about Rask Invest. Don’t forget to apply your coupon code!