Episode 30: Taxes
About this episode:
Did you know, if you pay 25% tax you’re effectively working 3 months (25%) of your year just to pay the Tax Man?
In this episode of The Australian Finance Podcast, Kate & Owen talk taxes, why we pay them, how we pay them and when we pay them.
Topics covered include:
- Income tax
- Capital gains tax
- Company tax
- Franking credits
- Tax deductions
- How to find an accountant
- Private health insurance
- The Medicare Levy
- ATO: Tax File Numbers
- MoneySmart: Make Tax Work For You
- MoneySmart: Income Tax Calculator
- The Age: How Our Tax System Works?
- The Age: Interactive Tax Guide
- ATO: History of Tax in Australia
- 340 Pages on the History of the ATO (this actually exists)
- Budget 2018: Where every dollar comes from, and how it’s spent
- History of Ancient Egyptian Taxes