About this episode:
Did you know, if you pay 25% tax you’re effectively working 3 months (25%) of your year just to pay the Tax Man?
In this episode of The Australian Finance Podcast, Kate & Owen talk taxes, why we pay them, how we pay them and when we pay them.
Topics covered include:
- Income tax
- Capital gains tax
- Company tax
- Franking credits
- Tax deductions
- How to find an accountant
- Private health insurance
- The Medicare Levy
- ATO: Tax File Numbers
- MoneySmart: Make Tax Work For You
- MoneySmart: Income Tax Calculator
- The Age: How Our Tax System Works?
- The Age: Interactive Tax Guide
- ATO: History of Tax in Australia
- 340 Pages on the History of the ATO (this actually exists)
- Budget 2018: Where every dollar comes from, and how it’s spent
- History of Ancient Egyptian Taxes
Rask tax tutorials:
- Income tax estimator/calculator
- How income tax works in Australia
- Capital Gains Tax (CGT) explained
- Medicare Levy & Surcharge explained
The official Sponsor of The Australia Finance Podcast
Rask Australia's Australian Finance Podcast series is proudly supported by ETF Securities.
Click the banner below to learn more about the official supporter of our leading podcast series.
Get more episodes
Take Owen’s free finance course: