About this episode:
What the heck is Super and who cares? You will. This episode of The Australian Finance Podcast is short and sweet. We’ll tell you why you need to give a damn, the simplest ways to change Super funds, how to check your insurance, ways to add extra and how most people could retire with a few hundred grand extra. If you follow the ideas in this episode, we think it could be the most important 25 minutes of your financial life.
Rask Tip: Paying 1% more in Super fees could mean 20% less at retirement (e.g. in 30 years). It should take a few hours — at most! — to choose a Super investment strategy/options and keep costs low.
- MoneySmart: How Super Works
- MoneySmart: Checking Your Super Statement
- Login to myGov to check your super
- ATO: Government Super Contributions
- Australian Finance Podcast: Insurance Episode
- Rask Media: Is The First Home Super Saver Scheme Worth It?
Owen Explains Investment Options
Super Fees Explained
If you only take one thing out of this, it’s that your super is your money!
Take Owen’s free finance course:
Podcast listener discount for Rask memberships!
- Use the coupon code “AFP” and get $100 off the upfront membership fee (just $299 for the first six months then $199 thereafter, cancel anytime!). Click here to learn more about Rask Invest. Don’t forget to apply your coupon code!
- Use the coupon code “AFP” and get $50 off the upfront membership fee for Rask ETFs! That takes the membership fee down from $199 to just $149 then $99 every six months. Click here to learn more about Rask Invest. Don’t forget to apply your coupon code!