Episode 7: Sort Your Super Out
About this episode:
What the heck is Super and who cares? You will. This episode of The Australian Finance Podcast is short and sweet. We’ll tell you why you need to give a damn, the simplest ways to change Super funds, how to check your insurance, ways to add extra and how most people could retire with a few hundred grand extra. If you follow the ideas in this episode, we think it could be the most important 25 minutes of your financial life.
Rask Tip: Paying 1% more in Super fees could mean 20% less at retirement (e.g. in 30 years). It should take a few hours — at most! — to choose a Super investment strategy/options and keep costs low.
- MoneySmart: How Super Works
- MoneySmart: Checking Your Super Statement
- Login to myGov to check your super
- ATO: Government Super Contributions
- Australian Finance Podcast: Insurance Episode
- Rask Media: Is The First Home Super Saver Scheme Worth It?
Owen Explains Investment Options
Super Fees Explained
If you only take one thing out of this, it’s that your super is your money!