About this episode:
Cars, mortgages and education, these are the three biggest expenses for most Australian households. In this episode of The Australian Finance Podcast, Kate and Owen tackle the three BIG expenses and how you can nail them once and for all! Topics include:
- Pre- and primary school education – is it worth it?
- School: Public or Private?
- Buying, selling and using a loan for: Cars
- Mortgages &… don’t be lazy
15:00 – $276,000 in the bank (per child) or attend a private school?
19:00 – Keeping your Car costs WAYYYY down — & how you can make money from a car (Tony added $300k over 15 years)
25:00 – Mortgages & how you might save $500 per month!
- Investing in early development, the return to society (as much as $17 for every $1 invested!
- DHS & my.gov websites for childcare (a link to all Centrelink benefits)
- Grattan Institute (2018): Independent schools versus public versus catholic schools – “The Expensive Truth”
- 35% of Australian parents send kids to private schools
- 2019 fees for private schools – it’s craziness
- Car loan & mortgage repayments calculator
- Tony Hansen – How he made ~$300k of net wealth from saving money on cars
Don't forget to create a Rask account for bonus material. Click here.
The official Sponsor of The Australia Finance Podcast
Rask Australia's Australian Finance Podcast series is proudly supported by ETF Securities.
Click the banner below to learn more about the official supporter of our leading podcast series.
Get more episodes
Take Owen’s free finance course: