About this episode:
Cars, mortgages and education, these are the three biggest expenses for most Australian households. In this episode of The Australian Finance Podcast, Kate and Owen tackle the three BIG expenses and how you can nail them once and for all! Topics include:
- Pre- and primary school education – is it worth it?
- School: Public or Private?
- Buying, selling and using a loan for: Cars
- Mortgages &… don’t be lazy
15:00 – $276,000 in the bank (per child) or attend a private school?
19:00 – Keeping your Car costs WAYYYY down — & how you can make money from a car (Tony added $300k over 15 years)
25:00 – Mortgages & how you might save $500 per month!
- Investing in early development, the return to society (as much as $17 for every $1 invested!
- DHS & my.gov websites for childcare (a link to all Centrelink benefits)
- Grattan Institute (2018): Independent schools versus public versus catholic schools – “The Expensive Truth”
- 35% of Australian parents send kids to private schools
- 2019 fees for private schools – it’s craziness
- Car loan & mortgage repayments calculator
- Tony Hansen – How he made ~$300k of net wealth from saving money on cars
Take Owen’s free finance course:
Podcast listener discount for Rask memberships!
- Use the coupon code “AFP” and get $100 off the upfront membership fee (just $299 for the first six months then $199 thereafter, cancel anytime!). Click here to learn more about Rask Invest. Don’t forget to apply your coupon code!
- Use the coupon code “AFP” and get $50 off the upfront membership fee for Rask ETFs! That takes the membership fee down from $199 to just $149 then $99 every six months. Click here to learn more about Rask Invest. Don’t forget to apply your coupon code!