The Australian Government has begun to announce sweeping changes and packages to support the Australian economy.
One of them is the early access to Super rules allowing certain Australians to get access to $10,000 of their Super twice in 2020. This episode of The Australian Finance Podcast takes you through the changes, the good and bad.
Notes & Resources:
- Owen’s free & complete money & finance course – free for April, please enrol ASAP!
- Kate’s blog – How To Money Australia – check it out
- Centrelink COVID-19 & payments pages
- MyGov accounts
- ATO Super early access (incl. eligibility)
- Owen’s article on Super: “Is taking $10,000 from Super always a bad idea?”
- Service Australia – affected by COVID-19
- Job Seeker v Job Keeper (SMH)
- Job Seeker & Job Keeper explained (Lifehacker)
- Coronavirus Supplement (ABC)
- Job Keeper news (ABC)
Take Owen’s free finance course:
Podcast listener discount for Rask memberships!
- Use the coupon code “AFP” and get $100 off the upfront membership fee (just $299 for the first six months then $199 thereafter, cancel anytime!). Click here to learn more about Rask Invest. Don’t forget to apply your coupon code!
- Use the coupon code “AFP” and get $50 off the upfront membership fee for Rask ETFs! That takes the membership fee down from $199 to just $149 then $99 every six months. Click here to learn more about Rask Invest. Don’t forget to apply your coupon code!