COVID-19 has shown us just how easily misinformation can travel across the globe and the damage listening to incorrect information can cause to our society.
While we’re stuck at home right now we rely on the news more than ever before to understand what is currently happening in the world around us, but it is more important than ever to apply a discerning lens to the media we consume. In this episode, Kate and Owen discuss some ways to become better consumers of financial news, some key red flags to look out for and the dangers of following unchecked stories blindly.
Notes & Resources:
- Kate’s blog – How To Money Australia – check it out
- Episode 27 – How to read the financial news
- How to Read Financial News: Tips from Portfolio Managers
- How to Become an Informed Consumer of Financial Media
- How To Read Financial News
- Factfulness – the book by Hans Rosling
- This is how COVID-19 has changed media habits in each generation
- Visual Capitalist: How COVID-19 Has Impacted Media Consumption, by Generation
- Covering a crisis: how newsrooms are meeting demand during COVID-19
Don't forget to create a Rask account for bonus material. Click here.
The official Sponsor of The Australia Finance Podcast
Rask Australia's Australian Finance Podcast series is proudly supported by ETF Securities. Click the banner below to learn more about the official supporter of our leading podcast series.
Get more episodes
Take Owen’s free finance course: