About this episode:
Starting a (magnificent) business in Australia isn’t easy. Take it from me. There’s a LOT of work involved after the business is up and running. But before you even accept your first dollar of sales or revenue, you need to understand lots of complicated nonsense that seems so overwhelming. Tax, insurance, legal, marketing… blah, blah… blah.
In this episode of The Australian Finance Podcast Owen Rask, Founder of The Rask Group, tries to provide an overview of everything you need to know about starting a business in Australia, and shares some great show notes on exactly what you need to think about to get started.
Want us to start a business podcast? Email Owen to encourage/convince him to do it!
Show Note Resources (we receive nothing for these links):
- Business.gov.au – starting a business checklist
- Side Hustles – podcast episode
- Domain names & web sites: Crazy Domains & Get Flywheel (for WordPress hosting sites) & Google Drive (free to start)
- Tax explained – Rask tutorial
- Marketing & social – Social Media explained and the Book “Digital marketing for dummies”, Permission Marketing; digital product god Eugene Wei; and everything marketing is Seth Godin
- Tax & book/record-keeping – Xero
- Employees: what an employee actually costs
- ATO (tax) – starting a business guides & rules
- Business name & ABN stuff: Getting your ABN & Business name checker
- Companies: ASIC starting a company
- Books on management & culture: The Hard Things About Hard Things & E-Myth Revisited