On this episode:
On this episode of The Australian Investors Podcast, Owen speaks with Henrik Andersson, the Founder and Chief Investment Officer of Apollo Capital, a specialist crypto assets fund based in Melbourne.
Crypto assets, digital currencies and blockchain technologies can be easily misunderstood in the investments community and society more broadly. In addition to sharing his story, Henrik takes us on a journey to:
- Discover more about crypto assets
- The basics of open-source software and Bitcoin’s (BTC) foundation
- How to understand the blockchain
- Decentralised finance and other use-cases of blockchain systems
- Portfolio construction with crypto
- Valuations of crypto assets versus gold, and
- Some of the more novel applications we’re likely to see in the sector
If you believe in a world where ‘trustless’ systems, distributed ledgers and digital currencies will play an increasing role in our lives, this is the episode for you. It’s also a great primer on crypto assets for financial advisers, investors and people new to cryptography.