On the episode:
This episode of The Australian Investors Podcast features Robert Millner, arguably one of Australia’s most successful and experienced investors.
Rob is a chairman, director and major investor in Washington H. Soul Pattinson, the Aussie investment house that has never failed to pay shareholders a dividend since listing in 1903.
And that’s just the start of Rob’s wealth of experience. Rob is also a long-serving chairman and/or director of many other well-known ASX-listed companies, including:
- TPG Telecom
- Australian Pharmaceutical Industries
- New Hope Corporation
- Milton Corporation
- BKI Investment Company
This is one of my favourite conversations ever recorded for The Australian Investors Podcast because it is filled with simple, actionable insights everyone can pick up and apply to their investment process.
Robert and I talk about:
- The story behind Soul Patts & its investment process
- How to find great managers and visionary leaders
- Intergenerational wealth creation and the family secrets to building a 100-year-old company
- Why dividends are crucial to Millner’s investment process
- Rob’s favourite books
- The money and investing advice Rob would give to himself
I believe this is one of the most important investing podcast episodes in Australia. If you’re serious about investing and making money for your kids. And their kids. This is a must-listen .