About this episode:
Amy Lunardi is back on The Australian Finance Podcast to talk about property investing 101, including how to do it right, wrong and everything in between. Amy covers what you must know about property investing, including buying your first home and getting a plan in place.
- The need to have a defined property strategy
- Bad experiences – especially with off the plan
- The main difference between property and other asset classes
- Long term
- Transaction costs – both buying and selling
- Low liquidity, can’t sell half a property
- Leverage: compounding effects
- Negative gearing, positive gearing & positive cashflow
- How to figure out cashflows
- Land to Asset ratio (and why it’s important)
- Intro to the different investment strategies
The official Sponsor of The Australia Finance Podcast
Rask Australia's Australian Finance Podcast series is proudly supported by ETF Securities.
Click the banner below to learn more about the official supporter of our leading podcast series.
Get more episodes
Take Owen’s free finance course: