On the episode:
In this episode of The Australian Investors Podcast Owen talks with Per Amundsen of ThinkTank Commercial Property Finance. ThinkTank provides investors exposure to commercial property debt, by extending credit to borrowers such as business owners, SMSFs and development companies.
This is a unique episode in the series thus far because it’s a new asset class for the series. Also, the company Per helped build is one of just a few in Australia which serves both sides of the commercial debt ledger.
In this episode Owen and Per discuss:
- Per’s journey from Canada to Australian banking
- How and why commercial property debt is receiving a lot of investor interest
- How funds like ThinkTank provide exposure to investors at different parts of the capital stack
- The risks involved in commercial debt investing
- COVID-19’s impact on commercial and residential property, as well as retail-specific sectors; and
- The opportunity in industrial property
Get in touch with Think Tank:
- Take Owen’s investing free valuation course!
- Click here for - Owen's free cloud stocks investment report
- Click here for - Owen's investment research (Rask Invest)
- Contact Owen: If you have any feedback or advice to share with Owen, you can reach him by clicking here.
- New to Rask? Create a free Rask Account
- Rask Media: get the latest ASX news and stories
The information on this website and in our podcasts is general financial advice only. That means, the advice does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Because of that, you should consider if the advice is appropriate to you and your needs, before acting on the information. In addition, you should obtain and read the product disclosure statement (PDS) before making a decision to acquire a financial product. If you don’t know what your needs are, you should consult a trusted and licensed financial adviser who can provide you with personal financial product advice. Please read our Terms & Conditions and Financial Services Guide before using this website.