*This episode was recorded remotely due to COVID-19 restrictions, we apologise for any inconsistencies in audio quality.
On this Australian Investors Podcast episode, financial adviser Drew Meredith, CFP and investment analyst Owen Raszkiewicz, from Rask Australia, walk through how to build investment portfolios, ways to analyse fund managers and the Australian financial advice industry.
Topics discussed include:
- Drew’s story with Wattle Partners
- Strategic advice, financial advice and investment advice
- Risk profile, time horizon & Investment Policy Statement (IPS)
- Strategic Asset Allocation (SAA) and Tactical Asset Allocation (TAA)
- Financial planners versus fund managers
- How Drew analyses fund managers (qualitatively and quantitatively) – including a checklist
- When to add a fund manager
- When to trim or remove exposure to a manager
- Fundamental analysis of funds, including how to do attribution analysis
- Understanding the risk management principles of a fund
Don’t forget to leave us an iTunes review if you enjoy our interview. It helps me attract more great guests.