*This episode was recorded remotely due to COVID-19 restrictions, we apologise for any inconsistencies in audio quality.
On this Australian Investors Podcast episode, financial adviser Drew Meredith, CFP and investment analyst Owen Raszkiewicz, from Rask Australia, walk through how to build investment portfolios, ways to analyse fund managers and the Australian financial advice industry.
Topics discussed include:
- Drew’s story with Wattle Partners
- Strategic advice, financial advice and investment advice
- Risk profile, time horizon & Investment Policy Statement (IPS)
- Strategic Asset Allocation (SAA) and Tactical Asset Allocation (TAA)
- Financial planners versus fund managers
- How Drew analyses fund managers (qualitatively and quantitatively) – including a checklist
- When to add a fund manager
- When to trim or remove exposure to a manager
- Fundamental analysis of funds, including how to do attribution analysis
- Understanding the risk management principles of a fund
Don’t forget to leave us an iTunes review if you enjoy our interview. It helps me attract more great guests.
- Take Owen’s investing free valuation course!
- Click here for - Owen's free cloud stocks investment report
- Click here for - Owen's investment research (Rask Invest)
- Contact Owen: If you have any feedback or advice to share with Owen, you can reach him by clicking here.
- New to Rask? Create a free Rask Account
- Rask Media: get the latest ASX news and stories
The information on this website and in our podcasts is general financial advice only. That means, the advice does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Because of that, you should consider if the advice is appropriate to you and your needs, before acting on the information. In addition, you should obtain and read the product disclosure statement (PDS) before making a decision to acquire a financial product. If you don’t know what your needs are, you should consult a trusted and licensed financial adviser who can provide you with personal financial product advice. Please read our Terms & Conditions and Financial Services Guide before using this website.