About this episode:
In this episode of The Australian Finance Podcast Kate & Owen chat to Peter Singer, one of the world’s leading philosophers in effective altruism and moral ethics.
Peter is such a special guest to have on the show given his contributions to the world, and has pioneered the idea of effective giving, by sharing the tools we can use to do the most good in the world.
We chat with Peter about our role in helping others, when to consider donating to charity, whether having too many charities is inefficient and the concept of effective altruism.
Get a free copy of Peter’s book The Life Your Can Save here: www.thelifeyoucansave.org.au/the-book
- The Life You Can Save – Best Charities for Effective Giving
- Why Donate to Charity?
- Peter Singer: The why and how of effective altruism | TED Talk
- Peter Singer Writings – Books and Articles
- A guide to using your career to help solve the world’s most pressing problems
- What role does luck play in your life?
- Should you wait to make a difference?
*Photo of Peter by Alletta Vaandering
Don't forget to create a Rask account for bonus material. Click here.
The official Sponsor of The Australia Finance Podcast
Rask Australia's Australian Finance Podcast series is proudly supported by ETF Securities. Click the banner below to learn more about the official supporter of our leading podcast series.
Get more episodes
Take Owen’s free finance course: