About this episode:
This episode of The Australian Investors Podcast is a little different but features a very special guest in Professor Peter Singer. This recording comes from our popular Australian Finance Podcast series, a series aimed at educating people to make the most of their finances and start investing.
Kate Campbell, my co-host on the series, and I sat down to talk to Peter about what it costs to save a life. Specifically, we wanted to ask him how much it costs to save a life, how to identify the best charities to donate to do that and the simple ways we can determine an appropriate level of giving.
The first half of the discussion is a little slower but I think you’ll thoroughly enjoy the entire conversation.
Finally, if you’re on Facebook we recently launched a growing Australian community which talks about money, finance, investing and philosophy. You can reach me and others in the community by visiting facebook.com/groups/raskaustralia.
I hope you enjoy this conversation with Professor Peter Singer.
- Join the Rask community on Facebook
- Get a free copy of Peter’s book The Life You Can Save
- The Life You Can Save – Best Charities for Effective Giving
- Why Donate to Charity?
- Peter Singer: The why and how of effective altruism | TED Talk
- Peter Singer Writings – Books and Articles
- A guide to using your career to help solve the world’s most pressing problems
- What role does luck play in your life?
- Should you wait to make a difference?
*Photo of Peter by Alletta Vaandering