On this episode:
In this conversation of The Australian Investors Podcast, Owen Rask talks to Luke “Wini” Winchester, the Emerging Companies Portfolio Manager at Oracle Investment Management and prolific small-cap investor on Twitter, Strawman and Hot Copper.
This is a brilliant conversation for small cap investors on the ASX and global markets. Luke walks us through how he gets an edge in researching small, micro and nano cap stocks on the ASX. A few of my — Owen here — key takeaways include Luke’s use of automated and semi-automated (and free) tools to track company recruiting on Seek.com.au or Indeed, sales managers on LinkedIn, and how (and why) to do your own thorough channel checking.
Luke also shares:
- The steps he took to rapidly up-skill his knowledge of finance and investing in small cap shares
- How to get an insider or management to share the important data points with you (the investor) need to know
- Why it’s vital to build a network of good investors (even if you don’t know them)
- The importance of asking “dumb” questions to other small-cap investors
- Techniques for interviewing management, including being prepared for first contact
Get in touch with Luke:
- Take Owen’s investing free valuation course!
- Click here for - Owen's free cloud stocks investment report
- Click here for - Owen's investment research (Rask Invest)
- Contact Owen: If you have any feedback or advice to share with Owen, you can reach him by clicking here.
- New to Rask? Create a free Rask Account
- Rask Media: get the latest ASX news and stories
The information on this website and in our podcasts is general financial advice only. That means, the advice does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Because of that, you should consider if the advice is appropriate to you and your needs, before acting on the information. In addition, you should obtain and read the product disclosure statement (PDS) before making a decision to acquire a financial product. If you don’t know what your needs are, you should consult a trusted and licensed financial adviser who can provide you with personal financial product advice. Please read our Terms & Conditions and Financial Services Guide before using this website.
Disclosure: At the time of publishing, Owen owns shares of RPMGlobal. Rask Australia recommends shares of Laserbond, XRF Scientific and RPMGlobal. Please see Luke’s website(s) for his disclosure.