On this episode:
In this conversation of The Australian Investors Podcast, Owen Rask talks to Luke “Wini” Winchester, the Emerging Companies Portfolio Manager at Oracle Investment Management and prolific small-cap investor on Twitter, Strawman and Hot Copper.
This is a brilliant conversation for small cap investors on the ASX and global markets. Luke walks us through how he gets an edge in researching small, micro and nano cap stocks on the ASX. A few of my — Owen here — key takeaways include Luke’s use of automated and semi-automated (and free) tools to track company recruiting on Seek.com.au or Indeed, sales managers on LinkedIn, and how (and why) to do your own thorough channel checking.
Luke also shares:
- The steps he took to rapidly up-skill his knowledge of finance and investing in small cap shares
- How to get an insider or management to share the important data points with you (the investor) need to know
- Why it’s vital to build a network of good investors (even if you don’t know them)
- The importance of asking “dumb” questions to other small-cap investors
- Techniques for interviewing management, including being prepared for first contact
Get in touch with Luke:
Disclosure: At the time of publishing, Owen owns shares of RPMGlobal. Rask Australia recommends shares of Laserbond, XRF Scientific and RPMGlobal. Please see Luke’s website(s) for his disclosure.