On this episode:
Anirban’s story is grounded in technology, software and machine learning, having spent the early part of his career as an academic working on complex problems ranging from distributed data to video on demand.
During the first 30 minutes or so of this conversation, we talk about Anirban’s backstory before diving into the really juicy stuff, like the competitive advantage afforded to investors with a tech or engineering background. The flow of innovation through research and how that intertwines with investing. How Anirban values stocks, builds a portfolio and more. Then we end with some rapid fire investor and technology focused questions, such as:
- The emerging technologies Anirban is most excited about
- The most overrated innovative company (hint: it’s from Australia)
- Why Apple has staying power
- The most innovative companies and what defines them, including Apple and Tesla
And of course we conclude with Anirban’s three pieces of advice to his younger self.
Some companies mentioned in the podcast include: Tesla, Apple, Google/Alphabet, Audinate, IBM and a few others in passing.
Get in touch with Anirban:
- Take Owen’s investing free valuation course!
- Click here for - Owen's free cloud stocks investment report
- Click here for - Owen's investment research (Rask Invest)
- Contact Owen: If you have any feedback or advice to share with Owen, you can reach him by clicking here.
- New to Rask? Create a free Rask Account
- Rask Media: get the latest ASX news and stories
The information on this website and in our podcasts is general financial advice only. That means, the advice does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Because of that, you should consider if the advice is appropriate to you and your needs, before acting on the information. In addition, you should obtain and read the product disclosure statement (PDS) before making a decision to acquire a financial product. If you don’t know what your needs are, you should consult a trusted and licensed financial adviser who can provide you with personal financial product advice. Please read our Terms & Conditions and Financial Services Guide before using this website.
Disclosure: At the time of publishing, Owen owns shares of Alphabet/Google and Apple. Rask Australia recommends shares of Apple & Google/Alphabet. Please see Anirban’s Motley Fool profile for his disclosure.