Episode transcript: click here
About this episode:
Robots can do just about anything nowadays, can’t they?
On this episode of The Australian Finance Podcast, Kate & Owen try something a little different, having a debate of-sorts on the merits and downsides of robo-investing (robo-advice) in Australia. A robo-adviser designs various investment portfolios that you can invest in, and helps automate the process for you.
We cover both sides of the coin in this friendly debate, as we both have different opinions on whether they’re worth the cost or not. We cover what robo-advice is, the different options currently available, the associated costs and some of the alternatives to using a robo-adviser.
At the time of publishing, Owen owns units in the A200 and VDHG ETFs. Owen, Kate or The Rask Group Pty Ltd do NOT receive anything for mentioning Super funds, products, shares, bank accounts, etc.
Investment platforms mentioned in the episode:
- Join Our Rask ETFs Research Service
- Beginner’s ETF Investing Course (Free!)
- Owning GOLD, TECH Vs. FANG – ft. Kanish Chugh from ETF Securities | Rask Australia
- Our Philosophy | Rask Australia
- Your DIY guide to building an ASX share portfolio
- Risk Profile Tools: Risk Profiler calculator, CFA Investor Risk Profiling, Wealth, Management Risk Profile Questionnaire, Risk Assessment Tools: Risk Analysis Tool, Risk Profile Questionnaire & Financial Risk Tolerance
- Learn more about finding a financial adviser in this article
- A Beginner’s Guide to Micro-Investing in Australia
Rask Education money & finance courses
Please forgive me, I couldn’t help but plug our 5-star (and free) financial education courses in here. I’ve linked a few of my favourites below if you’re keen on taking control of your time and money.