Episode transcript: click here
About this episode:
Have you ever wanted to be your own Sherlock Holmes and start investigating companies?
Welcome to Shares Month on The Australian Finance Podcast! This month is all about how to analyse stocks like a pro investment analyst.
Today’s episode introduces you to our 5-part investing checklist that will help you get started researching Australian and global companies. Kate and Owen chat about how to research a company, the importance of having a moat, finding growing industries and whether valuation should make or break your investment case.
If you’ve listened to our earlier share investing episodes, dive straight into the checklist around 8:20.
Send your share investing questions to [email protected] with the subject line SHARES MONTH, and we’ll include them in our share analyst Q&A episode later this month.
At the time of publishing, Owen owns shares in Apple, Facebook & Pushpay. Kate owns shares in Amazon & Disney. Owen, Kate and The Rask Group Pty Ltd do NOT receive anything for mentioning Super funds, products, shares, bank accounts, etc.
- Rask Education Courses: ETFs, Shares & Share Valuation
- Our Philosophy | Rask Australia
- Rask’s 10 rules for investing in the stock market
- Australian Investors Podcast
- How to buy and invest in US stocks (from Australia)
- Ep. 9. Investing in Shares in Australia | Rask Australia
- Ep. 55. Trading v Investing: How To Buy Shares in Australia Without Losing It All
- Ep. 8. ETFs, Managed Funds & Index Funds | Rask Australia
- How To Pick & Choose ASX ETFs | Rask Australia
- How to build an ETF portfolio, with Kris Walesby of ETF Securities | Rask Australia
- Can you invest with just $1 in Australia? | Rask Australia
- What Is The Price-Earnings Ratio (P/E)? (Rask Education Tutorial)
- Blog – Love Investor — Rejection Therapy
- ABC Audio: The Dropout Podcast
- Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup
Rask Education money & finance courses
Please forgive me, I couldn’t help but plug our 5-star (and free) financial education courses in here. I’ve linked a few of my favourites below if you’re keen on taking control of your time and money.