Investing in Asia
In this episode of The Australian Investors Podcast, I chat with Sunny Bangia, Portfolio Manager of the Antipodes Asia Fund.
Sunny shares his story and unique insights into how to invest in Asia, the reasons why you would choose Asian technology or consumption plays over, say, US technology, and more.
Sunny also shares the names of three companies he is really excited about — Taiwan Semi-Conductor (TSMC), Meituan and Longi Green Energy. These three companies fall within Sunny’s 5 key research clusters.
The discussion about the Chinese market opportunity started around 14-15 minutes into the conversation.
- @14min – The Chinese market opportunity and consumption story
- @20min – How is the China opportunity different to the North American opportunity?
- @29min – Meituan: the Uber of China?
- @38min – Taiwan Semi (TSMC)
- @48min – Longi Green Energy
Episode recorded: June 15th, 2021
Please note: Owen or guests appearing on the show may have an interest in some of the shares mentioned. For example, Owen owns shares of Alphabet/Google and Apple. In short, always consider the risks of investing and read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).