Episode transcript: click here
About this episode:
In this episode, fan favourite Bronwyn Bruce (aka Miss Money Box) joins Kate & Owen to discuss her PhD research into women and Super in Australia. It’s a fascinating conversation featuring real-life examples of what helps some young people crush their Super goals… and how others get left in their wake.
Ladies, remember this: Combine, contribute and invest!
Parents (and anyone else) remember this: conversate!
Hot tip: Never shy away from a conversation about money. Conversations make it okay to learn and talk money.
In this Australian Finance Podcast episode, we discuss how we can narrow the Super gap, both at the systemic and individual level, developing self-efficacy, who influences our approach to Super and how we can all work to get our community more engaged with their Super.
What is the Super gap, you may be asking? It’s the difference in the size of average Super balances between men and women. You can find out more by clicking here.
We discuss how we can narrow the Super gap, both at the systemic and individual level, developing self-efficacy, who influences our approach to Super and how we can all work to get our community more engaged with their Super.
Join Rask & save $100!
Disclosure: Owen, Kate, and The Rask Group Pty Ltd do NOT receive anything for mentioning Super funds, products, shares, bank accounts, etc.
- Reach out to Bronwyn at Miss Money Box
- Ep. 13. Expert Guest: Miss Money Box – Rask Australia
- myGov: Sign-in
- Using the YourSuper comparison tool
- Ep. 6. Sorting Out Superannuation – Rask Australia
- Ep. 44. Planning for a Super Retirement
- Sort out your Super (the easy way)
- Superannuation calculator – Moneysmart.gov.au
- Become a super woman – The Pineapple Project
- Salary sacrifice arrangements (ATO)
- Government super contributions (ATO)
- Personal super contributions (ATO)
Rask Education money & finance courses
Please forgive me, I couldn’t help but plug our 5-star (and free) financial education courses in here. I’ve linked a few of my favourites below if you’re keen on taking control of your time and money.