Episode transcript: click here
About this episode:
What happens if you die without a will? Who should I appoint as my executor? Who gets my Super?
Today’s episode brings you the closest thing to free legal advice you’ll find around, with a real live lawyer! In this episode, Kate chats to Marlee Viero, who is currently Wills & Estates lawyer at Nest Legal and has been practising in this area for over 5 years.
Marlee highlights the importance of investing in a will, what you need to consider when getting a will, appointing an executor and what their role is, contesting a will, estate plans and Super binding death nominations.
Note: Marlee speaks about these issues from a Victorian legal perspective, and since our legal system likes to keep everyone on their toes, the laws in your state may differ, so please check what’s relevant to you.
Get in touch with Nest Legal here: www.nestlegal.com.au
Join Rask & save $100!
Disclosure: Owen, Kate, and The Rask Group Pty Ltd do NOT receive anything for mentioning Super funds, products, shares, bank accounts, etc.
- Get in touch with Nest Legal here
- Money & Budgeting: The Complete Guide
- Why a BFA or pre-nup isn’t just for a new couple — nest legal
- The risks of DIY Wills — nest legal
- Who is a dependent for the purposes of your superannuation death benefit? – Kells Your Lawyers
- Ashleigh Petrie’s super benefit won by magistrate Rodney Higgins
- Who gets your super when you die? A guide to death benefit nominations
Rask Education money & finance courses
Please forgive me, I couldn’t help but plug our 5-star (and free) financial education courses in here. I’ve linked a few of my favourites below if you’re keen on taking control of your time and money.