Episode transcript: click here
About this episode:
Have you ever thought about your role as a shareholder?
When we buy shares through our brokerage account, we often forget that we actually becoming shareholders of the company, and that let’s us do things like vote on important decisions, attend AGMs and participate in capital raisings.
In this episode Kate & Owen chat to Claude Walker about his approach to ethical investing and shareholder activism, including contacting management, looking for red flags, avoiding greenwashing and a few personal examples of the way he approaches his own investing.
If you want to thank us for putting this show together, please give The Australian Finance Podcast a 5* review on Apple Podcasts – it’s a 5 second task which really helps support the show (and puts a big smile on our faces).
Join Rask & save $100!
- Claude’s Website: A Rich Life
- Twitter: Claude Walker (@claudedwalker)
- Twitter: A Rich Life (@ARichLifeAu)
- Ethical Equities micro-cap health stock watchlist
- Tips For Contacting Management Of The Company You Own Shares In
- Investopedia Shareholder Activist Definition
- Shareholder activism on climate change heats up
At the time of recording Owen holds shares in PME and RUL, and Claude owns shares in PME & AEF. Owen, Kate and The Rask Group Pty Ltd do NOT receive anything for mentioning Super funds, products, shares, bank accounts, etc.