Charlie Aitken is the founder of AIM Funds, a global fund manager based in Sydney. He joins Owen Rask on The Australian Investors Podcast to talk about why shorting doesn’t work and share two stock ideas.
This episode of The Australian Investors Podcast features Charlie Aitken, founder of Aitken Investment Management (AIM Funds).
AIM is a global equities fund manager investing in high quality stocks from the USA and abroad.
In this episode, Owen Rask & Charlie Aitken talk about:
- Charlie’s big lessons learned from his father and running a fund
- Why shorting is hard and why Charlie dropped it to be long-only
- How Charlie has built a strong analyst team
- The big risks facing investors looking to Chinese stocks like Tencent & Alibaba (BABA)
- 2 global stocks to watch: Nike Inc (NYSE: NKE) and HEICO Corp (NYSE: HEI)
This is a great episode for investors looking for an easy-listening discussion about high quality investing, shorting and those second-guessing their positions in China.
- AIM Funds website
- Email Charlie: [email protected]
- View more episodes & access Owen’s research: https://bit.ly/raskresearch
Join Owen’s Rask Invest – A $100 off Rask’s ASX research for Investors Podcast listeners*
To get 6 months of Owen and the Rask analyst team’s ASX research, join Rask Invest by clicking here.
Listeners who want access to high conviction ASX share research, plus ETF models can get $100 off a Rask Invest membership using the discount code “investpod”. Join today and access exclusive insights.
Date recorded: September 8th, 2021
Disclosure & sponsorship: at the time of writing, Owen does not have a financial interest in any of the securities or funds mentioned.
If you want to thank us for putting this show together, please give The Australian Investors Podcast a 5 star review on Apple Podcasts – it’s a 5 second task which really helps support the show (and puts a big smile on our faces).