Sebastian Evans of NAOS Asset Management joins Owen Rask on the Australian Investors Podcast to talk about investing in private companies/businesses in Australia.
Owen Rask was recently joined by Sebastian Evans of NAOS Asset Management to talk about the opportunity on offer by investing in private companies. This is a fascinating conversation that covers:
- Why Sebastian wants to target private companies with $5m+ in revenue
- The universe of private companies (Note: in Seb’s chosen universe, there are over 50,000 private businesses compared to less than 400 on the ASX)
- The risks of private company investing(there are lots)
- ESG factors when you do private company investing & how NAOS manages ESG concerns
- How to value and research private companies
- The legal & corporate governance side of private businesses (e.g. shareholders agreements, types of compliance steps, etc.)
- How to construct a portfolio of private businesses
- The filtering process and finding private companies to buy based on ATO data
Date of recording: September 22, 2021
Disclosure: Please note that NAOS is the sponsor of this episode of the podcast and as such agreed to pay a fixed fee to Rask Group, set in advance and by a third party, to appear on this episode. This is a disclosure and not a recommendation of NAOS. Please read the PDS & speak to your financial adviser before acting on the information in this podcast.
If you want to thank us for putting this show together, please give The Australian Investors Podcast a 5 star review on Apple Podcasts – it’s a 5 second task which really helps support the show (and puts a big smile on our faces).