On this episode of The Australian Finance Podcast, Kate Campbell and Owen Rask chat to Matt from Aussie Firebug about his journey to financial independence in Australia.
Episode transcript: click here
About this episode:
In this episode of The Australian Finance Podcast, Kate & Owen are joined by Matt, from the popular blog, Aussie Firebug, where he share his journey to financial independence in Australia.
Matt shares his experience with money growing up, his main motivations to reaching FIRE, how he calculated his investment goals and how his FIRE investment strategy has evolved over time, combining incomes with his partner, common myths about the FIRE movement and shares heaps of resources (which are linked in the show notes).
~~~ Like this episode? You’ll love Kate’s FIRE course ~~~
If you want to thank us for putting this show together, please give The Australian Finance Podcast a 5 star review on Apple Podcasts – it’s a 5 second task which really helps support the show (and puts a big smile on our faces).
Join Rask & save $100!
- Aussie Firebug | Financial Independence Retire Early
- Free FIRE course | EPIC Financial Independence, Retire Early Course
- Ep. 70 Is FI/RE right for you? Special guest Lacey Filipich
- What is the Financial Independence, Retire Early (FIRE) movement?
- 20 personal finance ideas to kickstart your FIRE journey
- Breaking down myths about the FIRE movement
- Mr. Money Mustache
- The Shockingly Simple Math Behind Early Retirement
- Early Retirement Extreme: — a combination of simple living, anticonsumerism, DIY ethics, self-reliance, resilience, and applied capitalism
- Money School – Get to financial independence, so you can enjoy life now
- Strong Money Australia: Creating Freedom Through Financial Independence
- Passive Investing Australia
- Life Long Shuffler
- Money Flamingo: Financial Independence (Semi-) Retire Early