Brad Dunn, senior credit analyst at Daintree Capital, joins Owen Rask for a deep-dive into the inner workings of the global credit market.
If you’re worried about high inflation, the impact of interest rates on bond and stock markets, or simply what goes into professional credit investing, this is the episode for you.
- Credit analyst v equities analyst
- Why don’t more investors invest directly in credit?
- What is duration and why is it important?
- Brad’s overview of fixed income markets
- Inverted yield curves and why they matter
- Active versus passive exposure to fixed income
- Filtering the bond market & how Brad finds bonds to buy
- Inside Daintree’s core & overlay strategy, including duration, spread compression, value adding and more
- Brad’s view on inflation & the impact of consistent inflation on stocks & bonds in 2022
- How to build a fixed income portfolio in a high rate environment
- ESG investing in the bond market
- Ask a question on Owen’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/OwenRask
- View the list of Daintree funds: https://bit.ly/brad-daintree
Date recorded: 14th December 2021