In this episode of The Australian Investors Podcast analyst Owen Rask and 7Investing adviser Dr Anirban Mahanti explain what to do when the ASX or any stock market crashes.
What was answered:
- How often do stock markets crash?
- About once a year, on average, you might expect it to fall/correct 10% (depending on the market)
- Only 20% of market corrections (i.e. 10% falls) turn into bear markets (see Tony Robbins, Unshakeable)
- Which stocks are best to buy cheap?
- High quality growing stocks (or whatever fits your investment checklist)
Owen’s quick & easy market crash checklist (to get you started)
Owen looks for these 5 things when the market falls:
- Net cash position
- DBNR (see explainer below)
- Aligned management
- Controllable costs (i.e. strong margins)
- Strong growth prospects over 5-10 years
Save $100 on 7Investing annual memberships
Join 7Investing & save $100 with the “HOLIDAY” coupon code (plus save $100 every year you remain a member!) Join 7Investing here: https://7investing.com/subscribe?utm_source=RASK
Like it? Love to? Hate it? Tell me about it…
If you like The Australian Investors Podcast, say g’day to me on Twitter (@owenrask) or Instagram (@owenraskau). I’d like to get your suggestions for future episodes.
~~ A note for transparency: we receive nothing ~~
Rask (our business) or Owen do not receive anything if/when you use the coupon code. We teamed up with 7investing simply because I – Owen – like the 7investing investment philosophy, style and service. It’s easy to navigate, rich with insights from investors like Anirban and… run by Simon Erickson. To join, simply apply the coupon RASK on the checkout page: http://bit.ly/rask-7investing
Want more of Rask’s best investment ideas? Please, right this way…
To get 6 months of Owen and the Rask analyst team’s ASX research, join Rask Invest: https://bit.ly/aip-discount Listeners who want access to high conviction ASX share research, plus ETF models can get $100 off a Rask Invest membership using the discount code “investpod”. Join today and access exclusive insights.
Date of recording: December 22nd, 2021