Owen Raszkiewicz and Kate Campbell interview Financial Counsellor Nick Georgiou about everything Australian Financial Counsellors can do to help you, your friends or family.
About this episode:
Getting financial help in Australia is not the easiest task and for most people, talking openly to someone else about your finances is understandably a daunting process.
Thankfully in Australia we have a fantastic solution to this, in our hard-working financial counsellors. They’re the people who can listen to your financial issues, propose solutions and even advocate on your behalf to banks and debt collectors.
The role of a financial counsellor isn’t always very well understood, so in this episode, Owen & Kate interview financial counsellor, Nick Georgiou, to break down exactly what they do, how they can help you and where you can go to get in contact with them.
Remember to send your questions through to [email protected]. Also if you’ve been enjoying listening to the podcast and are listening through Apple Podcasts, we’d love it if you could leave us a review!
- Find a financial counsellor: call 1800 007 007 or find one in your area
- Gambling Helpline on 1800 858 858 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- BeyondBlue: call 1300 22 4636
- Rural financial counsellors: call 1300 771 741
- Small Business Support Line: call 1800 413 828
- Financial Counselling Australia – National Voice for Financial Counselling
- Financial counselling explained (and how it can help)
- BeyondBlue: Financial Wellbeing Hub
- MoneySmart: Managing Debt
- Financial Abuse – National Debt Helpline
- COVID19 Financial Survival Guide – National Debt Helpline
The official Sponsor of The Australia Finance Podcast
Rask Australia's Australian Finance Podcast series is proudly supported by ETF Securities.
Click the banner below to learn more about the official supporter of our leading podcast series.
Get more episodes
Take Owen’s free finance course: