About this episode:
Let’s talk Christmas – Kate’s favourite time of the year!
Well it’s high time we wrap up 2020 and wave in the new year, we’re ready for a break over here! But before we do that, we wanted to share with you some of our highlights of 2020 both in the financial space and from our personal lives, to end the year on a high note.
This is not a hard hitting episode filled with information on buying shares and the state of the economy, rather a light-hearted look back at the crazy year that’s been. It’s been challenging year for everyone, and it’s important to take some time out to reflect on everything that’s gone on and what you’re going to focus on next. Kate and Owen discuss their 2020 highlights, Christmas money saving ideas, potential gift ideas (including some great personal finance books) and talk about what you can expect from the podcast and wider Rask community heading into 2021.
- Personal Finance Christmas Booklist
- MoneySmart: 12 Money Tips for Christmas
- Finder: 10 tips to control your holiday spending
- Finder: 4 financial gifts you can give this Christmas
- Canstar: Online shopping tools & hacks to help you sleigh this Christmas
Christmas Gift List
- Sweet Bakes
- 99th Monkey
- Neptune Blanket
- The Quick Flick
- Hey Tiger Chocolate
- The Psychology of Money – Morgan Housel
- Money School – Lacey Filipch
- How To Decide – Annie Duke
- Shareplicity – Danielle Ecuyer
- Financial Autonomy – Paul Benson
- Smashed Avocado – Nicole Haddow