About this episode:
FIRE stands for Financial Independence, Retire Early (or as some people like to call it, FIOR – Financial Independence, Optional Retirement). It’s as much of a mindset as it is a way of life or an aspirational goal. FIRE is all about increasing your savings rate, consuming less, pursuing happiness and having the financial freedom and flexibility to choose if, how and when you work.
In this episode of The Australian Finance Podcast, Kate & Owen chat about the brand-new FIRE course available on Rask Education, some of their key takeaways from putting it together, and how their ideas of financial independence have changed over the last few years.
Grab your coffee or tea, and tune in now for a relaxed conversation with your hosts, Kate & Owen.
- Rask’s Financial Independence, Retire Early (FIRE) Mega Course
- How to Calculate Your Coast FI Number – The Fioneers
- Compound interest calculator – Moneysmart.gov.au
- Ep 92. Morgan Housel interview: The Psychology of Money | Rask Australia
- Breaking down myths about the FIRE movement
- What is the Financial Independence, Retire Early (FIRE) movement?
- 20 personal finance ideas to kickstart your FIRE journey
- The Psychology of Money Book Depository or Booktopia – or listen to it on Audible
- Money Dials: analyzing your spending habits with Ramit Sethi
- The Simple Path to Wealth by JL Collins