On the Australian Investors Podcast this week, analysts Owen Rask & 7Investing’s Dr Anirban Mahanti Live on The Australian Investors Podcast this week, your weekly hosts Owen Rask & 7Investing’s Dr Anirban Mahanti talk Apple Inc’s (NASDAQ: AAPL) new car nd Altium Limited’s (ASX: ALU) AGM update.
At the beginning of the show, Anirban & Owen also share some of their tips for using a stock-picking checklist.
Here’s a sneak peek at Owen’s checklist:
– Is the business Founder or family-run (ARB, Reece, Okta, PWR, etc. the list of great returning founder-led and family-led businesses goes on.)
– HR review ratings (my former employer is the Motley Fool, which champions culture, and it was/is obvious this was a core competitive advantage. Use Glassdoor (US) or Seek (Aussie) for reviews.)
– History of execution (Apple – it’s buying back stock, executing, there’s not ballooning shares on issue, margins are stable while revenue is growing. Capital position is also a reflection of the practices of former (or current) management.)
– Growing TAM & rising through an “S-Curve” (The Trade Desk is a good one. Finding these companies means faster-growing revenue in absolute terms, and no need for acquisitions, etc.)
– Does the business have pricing power? (Xero is a good example. This can be intangibles, customer acquisition, etc.)
Talking points (approx timing):
@15:00 – Checklist investing
@38:00 – Altium’s AGM
@46:00 – China’s slowdown – what does it mean for Australian investors?
@52:00 – An EV bubble and Apple’s autonomous car Join in the LIVE ASX share investing conversation on YouTube, directly with Owen Rask & Anirban Mahanti, to learn more about investing.
Get notified when we go live, by subscribing to the Rask YouTube channel
Say “Howdy!” to Anirban on Twitter
Watch the video version on the Rask Australia YouTube page.
Owen’s disclosure: At the time of recording, Owen owns shares of Apple, Xero, Altium.