Last Updated: March 17, 2020
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our Websites?
You can visit our websites anonymously, without divulging any personally identifiable information.
To provide our premium Subscription Services or courses, we may collect your name, address, phone number, and email address. We may also keep your telephone number, address or payment details if you provide them to us.
If you click on any links to a third party website from www.rask.com.au, www.raskmedia.com.au or affiliated websites, including when paying your Subscription Fees via PayPal or Stripe, you should be aware that these other sites may have their own privacy and data processing practices.
We may also keep a copy of any correspondence between you and us. This may include your emails, telephone calls and letters. Should you wish to change or remove your information from our database, please contact us in writing.
We do our utmost to keep your information secure and will never disclose any of your personally identifiable information to third parties without express permission. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in maintaining our services, including our websites.
At times, we may contact you with promotional offers and marketing via email, or we may contact you via phone to help with account related enquiries or to ask for feedback.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, buy a Subscription Service to our premium content, enrol in a course or program, subscribe to a free newsletter, respond to a survey, provide us with feedback/review on our products or services, or enter information on our site.
How do I access my personal information?
You can access, correct or update your personal information stored by us at any time by logging into your Rask account, or by emailing us. Please refer to our “Contact us” pages on www.rask.com.au for our contact information. We will endeavour to respond to you within a reasonable period after contact is made.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register for a premium Subscription Service, make a purchase, sign up for our free newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the websites, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To deliver the type of content and products you registered to receive, or are provided as part of your Rask account
- To improve our websites in order to better serve you
- To market products or services to you
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
- To follow up after correspondence (email or phone inquiries)
Note: we will NEVER use the information you provide to us to provide personal financial advice or recommendations specific to you. Please read our Terms of Service, and our Financial Services Guide (FSG) to learn more. These documents are available on our website.
How do we protect your information?
Any personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. It is your responsibility to make sure you see the padlock icon in your web browser before you submit information on our website. If you do not see a secure padlock icon, your connection may be vulnerable.
We will implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
Connections to our websites are secured by leading third-party encryption providers, and sophisticated technology which blocks or denies access to parties who may want to interrupt our ability to maintain our websites and services or to intercept sensitive information.
Please remember we provide articles and information in the form of audio recordings, text, video and emails, so unless you are subscribing to one of our paid services or enroling in a premium course, we will not ask you for your credit card number.
When processing payments to access our premium Subscription Services or courses, all transactions are processed through a third-party gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers. If you click on any links to a third party website from www.rask.com.au, www.raskmedia.com.au and affiliated websites, including when paying your Subscription Fees via PayPal or Stripe, you should be aware that these other sites may have their own privacy and data processing practices.
We may use regular Malware Scanning. We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognise your browser and capture and remember certain information.
- Help remember and process the items you have purchased.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
- You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some features may be disabled. Doing so may affect your experience by making your website experience less efficient and may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include our website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our websites, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential (this includes parties which may be located outside Australia). We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our websites. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
In-line with the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA), we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
- You can change your personal information:
- By emailing us, and
- By logging into your account
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market products and services to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred
We also agree to the following:
- To not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical postal address of our headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honour opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
Unsubscribing from our emails
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from our emails/newsletters, please follow the instructions at the bottom of every email we send and we will promptly remove you from the correspondence.
Deleting your Rask account
You can cancel your Rask account or subscription by navigating to your account and clicking the “cancel” button. If you wish to delete your account you can email us using the contact information below, but please keep in mind we often receive a very high volume of emails, so it may take us some time to respond to you.
- The Rask Group Pty Ltd
- Level 4, 125 Flinders Lane, Melbourne
We will endeavour to respond to you within a reasonable period after contact is made.