Episode transcript: click here
About this episode:
On this episode of The Australian Finance Podcast, Kate Campbell and Owen Raszkiewicz chat to ABC Everyday journalist, Pat Wright. You may have read some of Pat’s stories before on ABC Everyday, and they’re a great read for those new to money and investing!
We talk to Pat about teasing out biases in your financial news, finding a balanced view within a sea of clickbait, identifying old-fashioned scams repackaged for the modern world and his favourite personal finance resources.
Send any questions to [email protected] for us to answer on future Q&A episodes.
Recorded in May 2021 (pre-lockdown).
Owen, Kate and The Rask Group Pty Ltd do NOT receive anything for mentioning Super funds, products, shares, bank accounts, etc.
- Patrick Wright (@patawright)
- ABC Everyday | Money
- Your guide to investing for the first time
- Starting out investing? Here are 3 common mistakes to avoid
- The best way to invest $5k if you don’t want to keep it in the bank
- The crypto scam on Instagram that cost Jonathan and his friends $20k
- Investment scams – Moneysmart.gov.au
- Mr. Money Mustache: Blog
- Ep. 73. The Role of a Financial Counsellor
- Scamwatch: Home
- The Snowball: Warren Buffett and the Business of Life (Book)
- Compound interest calculator – Moneysmart.gov.au
Rask Education money & finance courses
Please forgive me, I couldn’t help but plug our 5-star (and free) financial education courses in here. I’ve linked a few of my favourites below if you’re keen on taking control of your time and money.