About this episode:
This is The Australian Finance Podcast’s Question and Answers (Q&A) episode. In this episode Kate and Owen answer:
- Is it wrong to invest solely for dividends? Can I compound without them?
- How do I find a good financial adviser and what should I look for?
- How do I build a team of finance and investing experts around me?
- The best investing apps for iPhone and Android
- Are ‘micro saving/investing’ apps a good idea?
- MoneySmart: Choosing a Financial Advisor
- MoneySmart: Financial Advice and You (PDF)
- ABC: How to find the right financial advisor for you?
- Financial Planning Association of Australia (FPA)
- ABN Lookup
- Copyright/Trademark Registry
- Tim Hansen Humility Curve
- Investing Resources + Rask courses:
- Rask Media (daily news)
- Rask Investors Podcast
- How To Money Podcast
- Shares course 1 (absolute basics)
- Shares course 2 (better for the “how do I buy shares?” type questions)
- Emailed investing course 1 — “The Investing Masterclass”
- Emailed course 3 — “The ETF Masterclass”
- Owen’s valuation course (advanced — and time-consuming)
- Apps mentioned:
- ING round-up
Take Owen’s free finance course:
Podcast listener discount for Rask memberships!
- Use the coupon code “AFP” and get $100 off the upfront membership fee (just $299 for the first six months then $199 thereafter, cancel anytime!). Click here to learn more about Rask Invest. Don’t forget to apply your coupon code!
- Use the coupon code “AFP” and get $50 off the upfront membership fee for Rask ETFs! That takes the membership fee down from $199 to just $149 then $99 every six months. Click here to learn more about Rask Invest. Don’t forget to apply your coupon code!