*This episode was recorded remotely due to COVID-19 restrictions, we apologise for any inconsistencies in audio quality.
Lindsay Partridge, CEO of Brickworks Ltd (ASX: BKW), joins Owen Raszkiewicz on The Australian Investors Podcast to talk investing, capital allocation, leadership versus management, culture and more.
Lindsay is one of Australia’s longest-serving public company CEOs, an AO recipient, Ceramics Engineer and country boy at heart.
If you’re interested in what it takes to rise the corporate ladder quickly, manage the same company over decades and keep your skills relevant, this episode is for you.
Owen’s key points on Lindsay’s capital allocation framework:
- Always have multiple ways of winning on your investment
- Know the technical details
- Don’t skimp on your due diligence — do what it takes to get an edge
- You won’t get every investment decision right
- Measure the mental agility of yourself, management, CEOs and leaders
Don’t forget to leave us an iTunes review if you enjoy our interview. It helps me attract more great guests.
- Take Owen’s investing free valuation course!
- Click here for - Owen's free cloud stocks investment report
- Click here for - Owen's investment research (Rask Invest)
- Contact Owen: If you have any feedback or advice to share with Owen, you can reach him by clicking here.
- New to Rask? Create a free Rask Account
- Rask Media: get the latest ASX news and stories
The information on this website and in our podcasts is general financial advice only. That means, the advice does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Because of that, you should consider if the advice is appropriate to you and your needs, before acting on the information. In addition, you should obtain and read the product disclosure statement (PDS) before making a decision to acquire a financial product. If you don’t know what your needs are, you should consult a trusted and licensed financial adviser who can provide you with personal financial product advice. Please read our Terms & Conditions and Financial Services Guide before using this website.