*This episode was recorded remotely due to COVID-19 restrictions, we apologise for any inconsistencies in audio quality.
Lindsay Partridge, CEO of Brickworks Ltd (ASX: BKW), joins Owen Raszkiewicz on The Australian Investors Podcast to talk investing, capital allocation, leadership versus management, culture and more.
Lindsay is one of Australia’s longest-serving public company CEOs, an AO recipient, Ceramics Engineer and country boy at heart.
If you’re interested in what it takes to rise the corporate ladder quickly, manage the same company over decades and keep your skills relevant, this episode is for you.
Owen’s key points on Lindsay’s capital allocation framework:
- Always have multiple ways of winning on your investment
- Know the technical details
- Don’t skimp on your due diligence — do what it takes to get an edge
- You won’t get every investment decision right
- Measure the mental agility of yourself, management, CEOs and leaders
Don’t forget to leave us an iTunes review if you enjoy our interview. It helps me attract more great guests.