Episode transcript: click here
About this episode:
Welcome to Shares Month on The Australian Finance Podcast! This month is all about how to analyse stocks like a Pro investment analyst.
Today’s episode continues the conversation from our 5-part investing checklist (that we introduced you earlier this month), and takes our analysis of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) to the next level.
It’s senior analyst Kevin Fung’s debut on the show, to chat all things investing with Owen! The duo chat about Disney’s intellectual property and intangible assets, short-term vs. long term incentives, customer acquisition costs, and explore a few different valuation models (including the classic DCF model).
Send your share investing questions to [email protected] with the subject line SHARES MONTH, and we’ll include them in our share analyst Q&A episode later this month.
At the time of publishing, Kevin owns shares in DIS, BRK, AAPL, NFLX, XRO & CSU. Owen owns shares in AAPL & XRO. Owen, Kate, Cathryn, Kevin and The Rask Group Pty Ltd do NOT receive anything for mentioning Super funds, products, shares, bank accounts, etc.
- Rask Education Courses: ETFs, Shares & Share Valuation
- Every Company Disney Owns: A Map of Disney’s Worldwide Assets
- DIS Investor Relations – Stock Information, Events, Reports, Financial Information
- Access industry reports: IBISWorld, Gartner & Statista
- Yahoo Finance!
- Employee Reviews: Glassdoor & SEEK Companies
- How to buy and invest in US stocks (from Australia)
- Ep. 9. Investing in Shares in Australia | Rask Australia
- What Is The Price-Earnings Ratio (P/E)? (Rask Education Tutorial)
- How To Create A Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) Analysis (Rask Education Tutorial)
- 1 Quick Way To Calculate Free Cash Flow (FCF) In Valuation (Rask Education Tutorial)
- Net Present Value (NPV) Definition
- Every Warren Buffett Needs a Charlie Munger
- Jason Zweig | A safe haven for investors by Jason Zweig of The Wall Street Journal.
- Play the ASX sharemarket game
- Creativity, Inc.: Overcoming the Unseen Forces That Stand in the Way of True Inspiration
- List of highest-grossing films
Developed by TitleMax.com
Rask Education money & finance courses
Please forgive me, I couldn’t help but plug our 5-star (and free) financial education courses in here. I’ve linked a few of my favourites below if you’re keen on taking control of your time and money.