Episode transcript: click here
About this episode:
If you really put the work in to understand the business, you can get an edge.
Welcome to Shares Month on The Australian Finance Podcast! This month is all about how to analyse stocks like a pro investment analyst.
In today’s episode, we answer all of your share investing questions that you’ve sent us during the month!
Rask Invest analysts Owen, Cathryn, and Kevin, along with Kate, discuss the meaning behind some common share investing jargon, buying your first share, investing in blue-chip companies, paying CGT, mergers & acquisitions, and the merits of analysis tools to help you research companies.
Send any questions to [email protected] for us to answer on future Q&A episodes.
At the time of recording, Kate owns shares in BHP and AMZN. Kevin owns shares in MELI and AMZN. Owen, Kate, Cathryn, Kevin and The Rask Group Pty Ltd do NOT receive anything for mentioning Super funds, products, shares, bank accounts, etc.
- Rask Education Courses: ETFs, Shares & Share Valuation
- Our Philosophy | Rask Australia
- Rask’s 10 rules for investing in the stock market
- Australian Investors Podcast
- Ep 92. Morgan Housel interview: The Psychology of Money | Rask Australia
- Ep 97. How to make better financial decisions
- What Is The Price-Earnings Ratio (P/E)? (Rask Education Tutorial)
- How To Create A Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) Analysis (Rask Education Tutorial)
- Strawman: ASX share price, valuation, research and discussion
- Compound interest calculator – Moneysmart.gov.au
- How To Avoid Trouble With ASX Takeovers & Acquisitions
- Simply Wall St
- How Al Bentley built Simply Wall St (Australian Investors Podcast)
- ASX Website
Rask Education money & finance courses
Please forgive me, I couldn’t help but plug our 5-star (and free) financial education courses in here. I’ve linked a few of my favourites below if you’re keen on taking control of your time and money.