Tune in anytime: iTunes – Spotify – Castbox – YouTube
On this episode:
Chris Bates is the founder of Wealthful, a financial planning and property advice business based in Sydney.
Chris specialises in helping families get control of their finances and invest in property the right way. Chris regularly shares his candid views on financial advice, property and personal finance via LinkedIn, a podcast and other social channels.
In this 50-minute conversation Chris and I talk about his unusual and surprisingly short introduction into financial advice, creating social capital, the property do’s and don’ts of investing, how to identify investment grade property and the future of finance.
I hope you enjoy this conversation with Chris Bates, founder of Wealthful.
- 0:30 – Chris is a Liverpool fan? Really!?
- 3:30 – How Chris came to be a financial adviser before the GFC
- 9:30 – Chris moves back to Melbourne before heading back to Sydney to start his own business
- 10:30 – Why Chris started his own business
- 14:30 – How Chris motivates 30-40-year-old couples to better manage their money
- 19:00 – Worst property buying mistakes Aussies make
- 25:00 – What makes an investment grade property?
- 35:00 – Disruption in the financial advice industry
- 37:30 – How Chris built a social following of 21,000+
- 46:00 – How to build an online business for the next 5 years
- 51:30 – What Chris would a younger him about money, finance or investing
Learn more about Chris:
- Take Owen’s investing free valuation course!
- Click here for - Owen's free cloud stocks investment report
- Click here for - Owen's investment research (Rask Invest)
Contact Owen: If you have any feedback or advice to share with Owen, you can reach him by clicking here.
New to Rask? Create a free Rask Account
Rask Media: get the latest ASX news and stories
The information on this website and in our podcasts is general financial advice only. That means, the advice does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Because of that, you should consider if the advice is appropriate to you and your needs, before acting on the information. In addition, you should obtain and read the product disclosure statement (PDS) before making a decision to acquire a financial product. If you don’t know what your needs are, you should consult a trusted and licensed financial adviser who can provide you with personal financial product advice. Please read our Terms & Conditions and Financial Services Guide before using this website.